Tuesday 28 September 2021

RTTY contesting with N1MM and FLDigi

This weekend I took part in the CQ WW RTTY contest that ran for 48 hours. Not being a serious contester I dipped in and out of the contest using my Yaesu FT-847 and a hexbeam at around 45 feet.

I set up N1MM Logger + to work with FLDigi and once I had the two programs talking to each other it was plain sailing. I have used N1MM Logger previously during SSB contests so I was already fairly comfortable with its configuration and I had also used DM780 previously with Ham Radio Deluxe although it's not entirely suitable for contesting.

Getting FLDigi set up was a little more involved but once I had it configured I really enjoyed using this combination. I think I may give the UKEICC CW contest a try tomorrow evening..!

No comments:

Post a Comment