Tuesday 24 November 2020

About time I wrote something new...

 It's been almost 3 years since my last post so I thought I'd better give an update.

Since early summer I've been active on QO-100, I'm one of only 6 EI operators that are, as far as I know, licenced to use that portion of the band. So far I've racked up 55 DXCC but given the scarcity of EI calls on the satellite I thought I might have been in greater demand. There are plenty of German stations actiev on the satellite and given their level of involvement in the QO-100 project that's hardly surprising.

Oddly enough I still haven't work any stations north of the border, it seems there is no one on QO-100 from Northern Ireland. Come to think of it, the Isle of Man is quiet too...

Maybe when all this Covid nonsense has eased I may try and activate an island using an 'EJ' callsign, I reckon that may cause a pile up..!

My QO-100 setup is an Icom IC-7000 using an SG Labs transverter on 70cm into an SG Labs amplifier into a PoTY feed on a 1.4m offset dish. I normally use a websdr for receive although I do have a modified LNB which I can use with SDR Console.

No comments:

Post a Comment